Luke 3:14


Luk 3:14  "What should we do?" asked some soldiers. John replied, "Don't extort money or make false accusations. And be content with your pay."

NLT

 

                John said this to the tax collectors. The tax collectors could basically ask for however much money they wanted because at the end of each day the Roman guards would ask how many people came by and they would ask for a specific amount per person, so the tax collector would just ask for a WHOLE LOT more than what is needed for the Romans. They would lie to the Romans about how many came by so they would take many times more than what they were supposed to be paid. So this must sting to the tax collectors to be told to be content. I've stolen a lot in my life. I would steal at almost every store I was ever in. and a lot of more things. It says a lot to me to be content with my pay. I'm tempted to steal every time I'm presented with the opportunity. It's really convicting to read this, because a lot of the time I'm not content with my pay. I want more fleshly things, want more money and want more things without paying for them. So It's a struggle to be content and not steal and lie. But then I realize who my God is, He holds every thing in his hands so why shouldn't be content?

 

----------          APPLICATION          -----------

 

                For my application I'm going wake up extra early to get a long devo time in, and rely on God to be content rather than sleep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog