Rev 10:9  And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

 

Apocalipsis 10:9     Me acerque' al a'ngel y le pedi que diera el rollo. E'l me dijo: "To'malo y Cometelo. Te amargara' las entran~as. Pero en la boca te sabra' dulce como la miel."

 

                Pastor Luis shared on this and it really spoke to me. It's a very strange passage. Eating a scroll and it turns from sweet in the mouth to bitter in the stomach. A very similar thing happens to Ezekiel in the Old Testament. It says the when the Lord spoke to him through that scroll, it was the sweetest thing he could imagine. But when he went to share it to a rejecting people, it has a feeling of wormwood. When all he wanted to do is share the word of God and the people reject him, It hurts. But in light of what Ezekiel just went through, in the same chapter, just a few verses later it says if you don’t share what I have said and they die not knowing what I had intended for them, Their blood is on your hands. God has entrusted me with His saving truth to go and share it with others. And it's so important that it was the last thing that Jesus said in the gospels. As his final most important command he said "Go". Not concerned with how it will take us out of our comfort zones, this is still the command he gave me. And as He has given me this command, I need to be faithful to go.

 

----------          APPLICATION          ----------

 

                For my application I am going to spend me free day working with pastor helburt if I am allowed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog