IBS 3 Mark 10:47-49


Mar 10:47  And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

Mar 10:48  And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"

Mar 10:49  And Jesus stopped and said, "Call him." And they called the blind man, saying to him, "Take heart. Get up; he is calling you."

 

 

                I see the pattern in this week. Faith. Every IBS we've done this week has been centered around faith. But after decompressing each verse this week I see how it's opened my eyes. I need more faith. I don't have the faith of this blind man we read about in Mark 10. After being rebuked by the disciples he didn't lose heart and kept crying out to God asking him and knowing that Jesus can heal him. Believing that Jesus will heal him. And we don't see Jesus say the words but we know it's what he commanded his disciples to say. "Take heart" Jesus commands the blind man to take heart. After a life of not seeing, being afraid,,, Jesus says Take heart. He calls us to that as well. In no way should we ever feel afraid anymore. Jesus has healed us of my most crippling disease. Sin. It's over. Done. My sin has been healed. Jesus tells me to take heart because I no longer have the weight of death over me. It encourages me that now there is nothing that is holding me back from God and all I need is the faith to run closer and harder.

 

------         APPLICATION          ------

 

For my application I am going to pray with someone and in the prayer ask for faith for me and my brother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog