Gal 5:1  It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

 

 

                I find that so often new age Christianity has been reburdened by tradition. What I mean by that is the idea that there is only one way to please God. "Praying" can only be done by closing your eyes, sometimes only by bowing our heads. But nobody really follows that rule… we say "Let's have a time of prayer" but when we are talking casually that can't be considered as a time of prayer. Or "Fellowship" has to include deep one on ones or maybe music for worshiping and most defiantly a potluck meal together. But what about when you don't speak the same language with the kids that you are around? How do have fellowship with them? Just having put in time with these kids here playing soccer with them, and attempting to communicate with them has brought a deeper fellowship than I've had with a lot of people that speak English. What I'm saying is that I'm tired of thinking in a way that puts God in a box. And when we put God in a box it's practically picking up our already cut off chains that God has freed us from. Even when it's not sin. Why don’t I realize that God is so much bigger than what I think he is capable of?

 

----------          APPLICATION          ----------

 

                For my application I am going to continue to put more time with the kids here than doing other things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog