Col 1:11


Col 1:11  Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

KJV

 

                I've been running with Julio and when I read this verse my mind went right to that example. The word "longsuffering" pops out to me. When I go 8 laps with Julio it is a LONG time of constant suffering. Longsuffering is constant enduring. When I run so long my body starts to run out of energy and results in eating the sugar and fats in my body in order to keep going. It's the same thing that happens spiritually. When we are going through any time it's going to need longsuffering. When I have long suffering spiritually God starts to take away the junk in my life as I ask him to. And If I don’t that I have more weight attached to me as I run. Making it even harder to suffer long. So when I'm persevering in the spirit, I'm being cleansed from the inside just like what happens physically when I run. But the other word that jumps out at me is "Joyfulness". When I run on my own, no matter what music I have pumping into me, It’s not joyful to me. I was sitting here wondering what makes running enjoyable. Then I realized that it's the fellowship with Julio as we run that gives me joy. Not the pain and burning in my legs or my lungs, yea those aren't fun. But it's being with mi primero that brings me joy. Same spiritually. The fellowship with God is what brings me joy as I run to him. And it's only Him that gives me joy In that moment

 

----------          APPLICATION          -----------

 

                For my application, I'm going to ask for prayer for patience, longsuffering and joyfulness in my life from another guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog