Luke 21:19


Luk 21:19  Stand firm, and you will win life.

NIV

 

                Standing firm… What does standing firm look like? I think looking to an example of someone standing firm would be the best way to picture in my mind what this verse mean. Jesus stood firm. He stood firm his entire life, Whilst living the most difficult life a man has ever lived. I look to Jesus' passion as the greatest moment that someone "stood firm" Just hours before Christ was arrested, He was put under EXTREME stress to the point that He was sweating blood. He stood firm and asked for God's will. It was for Jesus to die on the cross so Jesus obeyed even though the hardest task anyone has ever done on this earth. And in His standing firm, we can now say that we have life! Eternal life was won for us and now we live in the victory of Christ. We live in Jesus' standing firm. When I first read this verse I was so lost. I had no idea what I was going to write or what it even meant. After reading it and rereading it I am getting it. Jesus' life was my example. God gave him the strength to persevere and to stand fast. And because of his faithfulness in that, Not only was Jesus brought back to life, now billions of people have life forever in him.

 

----------          APPLICATION          ----------

 

 

                My application for this verse is to pray with my roommate Kenny for strength that Jesus had so we can both stand firm to have life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog