Ephesians 5:15-17


Eph 5:15  So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise.

Eph 5:16  Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.

Eph 5:17  Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

NLT

 

                Paul reminds us that God doesn't choose our actions. In our own free will he gives us the responsibility of determining our own life. Our own choices. Paul says "don’t live like fools". What does living like a fool look like? Well besides what Paul says it is in the next couple of verses, what is a practical example? For me, what I think of is when I don't do what God calls me to do. I had an incident when God called me to go talk to a boy who was about thirteen after playing some football with him. We talked for a long time and there was so much fruit and we began a relationship that was born out of heading to God's call. All glory be to Christ. But I can recall so many instances when I hear God's calling to do something as small as talk to someone but I reject what He is telling me to do. I'm left feeling like an idiot and standing around awkward knowing that I'm standing in direct disobedience with God. Standing as a fool. One way is me understanding what the Lord wants, the other is me as a fool, In disobedience to God's calling

 

------          APPLICATION          ------

 

                For my application I'm going to be faithful in the little things and help out with cleaning in the guy's dorm today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog