3Jn 1:14  But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.

 

3Jn 1:15   La paz sea contigo. Los amigos te saludan. Saluda a los amigos, a cada uno por nombre.

 

                This is a verse that hit me recently. As right now we are heading to school and there is going to be hundreds of kids, over a thousand actually. "Greet the friends by name" has hit me deep. There has been an emphasis on remembering names here but I didn’t know it was in the bible. I am actually writing this a couple of hours before I have to go to school. This has convicted me a lot as I haven’t had a heavy mentality to remember names. But even Paul recognizes the importance of addressing one another by their names. It brings respect and shows care to not forget them. That we actually love that person to remember them by their name. As we are going to the schools, our main goal is to share Christ. Our highest priority is not English. Although very important it is and not something to take lightly. Christ is our main goal. And God places a heavy importance on knowing us. He says he even know the number of hairs on our head. He has a deep knowledge of each one of us. That makes me feel loved when I know that I'm not floating around wondering if anyone notices me. And for the kids in the school, if I can remember all the names of my kids in each class, how much would that show them I care and love them? Showing them I am not just some random tourist. Here to please myself in their own county and place. But instead I am here for them. To show them the love of Christ. So the least I can do is remember their names.

 

----------          APPLICATION          -----------

 

                For my application I am going to remember the names of my kids in the first week. Spend time studying their names and remembering their faces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog