Gen 28:19  And he called the name of that place Bethel: but the name of that city was called Luz at the first.

Gen 28:20  And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,

Gen 28:21  So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God:

Gen 28:22  And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

 

        This is an example of the heart of those in the bible days that I struggle to have in these days after Christ. It's the thought of dedicating everything to God. I arrive and leave places without ever thinking about how God put me there and all the things he did there in me whilst I was there. Here we see Jacob renaming a place which translates into "house of God". And even after that he set a pillar in that place so he would remember what God did to him and also as a testimony to others who walk by that God moved in a man as they pass by. Also Jacob knew something. If this was the path that God wanted Jacob to go down, God was going to take care of him all of the way. Jacob did not have to worry about nothing. So he said boldly "If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God." And he knew that God was going to be there for him. It's actually kind of funny to almost fake doubt God. For sure he had heard all the stories from Abraham and Isaac all of his life. So he knew that God was going with Him in Jacob's way. But for me this means a whole lot that I can't ignore. I know that wherever I go, as long as it is in the will of the Lord, He will have my back as He shall be my God.

 

 

-----------          APPLICATION          ----------

 

 

        For my application, I am going to share this verse with my teammates as maybe it can speak to them or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog