IBS 2 Matthew 8:9-10


Mat 8:9  For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

Mat 8:10  When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!

 

 

                The centurion is an example of how we are called to be. Having the faith that Jesus can do anything, anywhere. It takes amazing faith to say "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed." Do we believe that Jesus can do this today? Not that he's lost his power… But we don't really think twice when we see a miracle in the bible. But if we prayed a prayer to God like that asking if he would heal one of us and God did… Our minds would be blown. As we should when God demonstrates his power. But I think we would be surprised. Because we have lost so much faith in God we would say "It's crazy that He actually did a miracle in today's age" rather than "God is so amazing and unchanging. I'm so blessed I got to witness one of his miracles" It's so out of the ordinary for us that we forget that we have the same reality that they had in the bible. God is still doing miracles and we need to remember we have an unchanging God and have faith

 

 

------         APPLICATION         ----------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog