Gal 5:13


Gal 5:13  For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.

NLT

Galatas 5:13  Les hablo asi, Hermanos, porque ustedes fueron llamados a ser libres. Pero no usen esa libertad para dar rienda suelta a su pasiones. Mas bien sirvanse unos a otros con amor.

NBD

 

                To me, I have a value for freedom that most people I know don't have. I've grown up in a place where the people live, breath and die American freedom. And honestly I would die for that American freedom without hesitation. So when I look at what God calls me to do with my freedom in Him really stretches and challenges me. When I think of having freedom in Christ it gets me really excited. Because it means that Jesus died to give me this freedom to use and it not be sin. But God also says that my freedoms DON'T come before his calling and my freedoms don't come before other people. That's a hard pill to swallow. In the USA, that freedom was earned by brave, and fearless Americans who died to give me that freedom I'm so blessed with. And now that I am in possession of this American freedom, I'm giving the opportunity to use it whenever and however I want. And that is amazing yes, But I'm more than just a citizen of my country. I'm a citizen of heaven. So this hits me good and in the heart, having to lay down these freedoms I hold to such a high degree.

 

----------          APPLICATION          ----------

 

                I am going to write something down that God calls me to lay down but my American freedom gives me liberty to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog