Heb 5:8


Heb 5:8  Even though Jesus was God's Son, He learned obedience from the things He suffered.
NLT
 
                Jesus learned? What does that mean? How does an all knowing God learn anything? Well, this verse just really hit me. Again I'm reminded that Jesus is 100% man. I'm reminded of the verse in Hebrews chapter 4.
 
Heb_4:15  For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
 
            This is where he learned obedience. Yes, there are examples of physical suffering that we can look to see where Jesus learned obedience. But I think of the millions of more examples of when Jesus would have been tempted but remained faithful and obedient. I can think of all the millions of times that I have failed when the time of temptation came and I fell into it. Yet after being tempted over and over again, Probably dealing with more temptation than any other man has ever gone through, Jesus felt it, yet never sinned. Sometimes I can think that Jesus never really had to "deal" with that temptation like I do. Because He's God nothing ever was able to tempt Him to move. Yet it says he was tempted in ALL points. And this is where His obedience was built and sharpened. And I pray that God would give me strength to be obedient through my struggles so I can be more like Jesus
 
 
----------          APPLICATION          ----------
 
 
            For my application I'm going to wake up at 6 to be obedient to get a long devo in the morning
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog