Revalation 1:9


Rev 1:9  I, John, am your brother and your partner in suffering and in God's Kingdom and in the patient endurance to which Jesus calls us. I was exiled to the island of Patmos for preaching the word of God and for my testimony about Jesus.

NLT

 

        Whats crazy is that God calls us to have patient endurance WHEN we suffer. It's hard going through hard times, no duh. But whats EVEN harder is having patient endurance whilst we are going through those times. It means when the temptations are even stronger than before, I need to stay right by Jesus' side. It means that I'm even more prone to wander but that just means I have to depend more on God and never leave him. John went through an enormous amount of suffering according to church tradition, But he persevered. He had patient endurance in which Jesus called him to and because of that God wasn't done with John and kept him alive through all the persecution and now he's writing to us, after going through all he did, to tell us to perservere. Wow, God help me to be like John and be faithful to you.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog