Romanos 15:1


Rom 15:1  We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves.

NLT

Romanos 15:1  Los que estamos plenamente convencidos de lo que hacemos, en vez de hacer solo lo que queremos, debemos ayudar a quienes son debiles.

NBD

 

                The word "must" is the greek word "ὀφείλω, ὀφειλέω" which is best translated "obligated". We have an obligation to be considerate to those who are weak and sensitive in the faith. If a new believer has struggled with something even as simple as wasting time on video games, so he is setting his life aside from that. It would be a terrible sin to talk about them and play games in front of him. In no way is that building him up nor being edifying as a brother to him. In the Spanish translation it says " debemos ayudar a quienes son debiles." Which uses the word "ayudar". This speaks a lot to me because we're not just called to quit doing things that may stumble or tear down people. But also ayudar a quienes son debiles.

 

----------          APPLICATION          ----------

 

                For my application I'm going to start coming to my brothers in Christ when I am needing someone to lean on. Rather than just taking it to myself and dealing with it myself. Roaren has already told me I can come to him.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog