1Co 9:24  Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

1Co 9:25  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1Co 9:26  Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.

1Co 9:27  No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

 

1 Cor 9:24    No saben que en una carrera todos los corredores compiten, pero so'lo uno obtiene el primio? Corran, pues, de tal modo que lo obtengan.

25   Todos los deportistas se entrenan con mucha disciplina. Ellos lo hacen para obtener un primio que se echa a perder; nosotros, en cambio, por uno que dura para siempre.

26   asi' que yo no corro como quien no tiene meta; no lucho como quien da golpes al aire.

27   Ma's bien, golpeo mi cuerpo y lo domino, no sea que, despue's de haber predicado a otro, yo mismo quede descalificado.

 

        "Run in such a way as to get the prize".  That is how we are supposed to live our entire life. Summed up in 9 words, and that’s it. But oh my goodness that is so difficult. I have been paired up on my field time with Julio. He is into triathlons. The dude is freakishly fit and is so much better at running than I. So when we go out to run together I have to put in 110% just to keep up with him. And if I wanted to beat him in a race I would have to give more than everything I have. I would have to sprint nonstop. I really couldn't even pace myself because as soon as I start slowing down Julio would pass me without breaking a sweat. He's crazy and I would have to give everything I possibly can in order to beat him in a race. That’s exactly how I am supposed to run the Christian race. I can't pace myself to be comfortable. I can't break to catch my breath because I would lose. And that is what Paul is getting at. For me, I look at wifi, sleep, music or other things like that as my break to catch my breath. They are not bad obviously, but sometimes I can use music to drown out God. I can get extra sleep and lose out on putting on my armor of God in the morning. I can use wifi to forget about reality and be comfortable. These are just some things that I need to stop abusing so I can run the race to win the prize.

 

 

----------          APPLICATION          ----------

 

 

        For my application, I am not going to keep up with basketball when I get wifi time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog