2Sa 11:11  And Uriah said to David, "The ark and Israel and Judah are dwelling in tents, and my lord Joab and the servants of my lord are encamped in the open fields. Shall I then go to my house to eat and drink, and to lie with my wife? As you live, and as your soul lives, I will not do this thing."

2Sa 11:12  Then David said to Uriah, "Wait here today also, and tomorrow I will let you depart." So Uriah remained in Jerusalem that day and the next.

2Sa 11:13  Now when David called him, he ate and drank before him; and he made him drunk. And at evening he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but he did not go down to his house.

 

2 Samuel 11:11-13    Urias respondio':  -- El cofre, Israel y Juda', Joab y todo el eje'rcito de mi sen~or esta'n durmiendo en los campamentos, a la intemperie. Co'mo podri'a yo ir a casa a beber, comer y dormer con mi esposa? Juro que jama's hare' tal cosa.

--Bien—le dijo David --. Man~ana puedes regresar al campo de batalla. Urias se quedo cerca del palacio.

David lo invite a comer y beber, y lo hizo embriagarse, pero ni aun asi' quiso ir a su casa esa noche sino que durmio' a la entrada del palacio.

 

                Uriah is a crazy dude. His men are still out in the battle and are without food and drink and women. And Uriah has been called out of the battle for a time. He has all liberty to eat and drink and hang out with his wife, yet he knows what pain his men are going through so as to hold his witness and respect he does not partake in those things. Uriah isn't the fat high school coach that points and says "five more laps". He's the coach that will run with the group and push harder than them so they have an example to see and they have a leader who pushes them to run harder and faster. That earns my respect. Not the coach that sits on the sidelines and eats snacks while his men push on their own and have no leader. Uriah didn't want to take a breather after running hard with the group. He knows that they will stop with him. If he pushes through that exhaustion and keeps running, his men will follow and will not stop. The leader mentality of "do as I do" rather than "do as I say".

 

----------          APPLICATION           ----------

 

 

                For my application I am going to run and feel this analogy in the physical.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog