Mar 1:35  Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.

 

Marcos 1:35   A la man~ana siguiente, todavi'a de madrugada, Jesu's se levanto' y se fue a un lugar solitario a orar.

 

                Jesus sets an example for me that forces me to deny my comforts and set the early morning away for God rather than my own sleep. My own sleep is nice, really nice and I like it way too much. But Jesus shows that it is far better to put that time for asleep aside and make room in the morning to start the day off right in time of prayer with God. Also what jumps out to me is the part " and departed to a solitary place" " y se fue a un lugar solitario". He needed alone time with the Father. Before He went and fellowshipped and taught the disciples, He needed to be filled up by the Father alone. In solitary. Sometimes If it is Sunday, I can rely on pastor Luis to fill me up in the morning. Or a guy doing devos at 7:30 every morning. But that’s not what Jesus did. It says that people would minister to Jesus, like how people can minister to the body of Christ. But Jesus never relied on being ministered to, to fill Him up. He needed the morning alone with the Father and the Holy Spirit to fill Him up.

 

----------         APPLICATION          ----------

 

 

                For my application, I am going to wake up at 5 in the morning and start my devo to be filled by the Holy Spirit. Idk who will keep me accountable cause nobody wants to wake up then, but yea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog