Luk 15:18  I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

Luk 15:19  And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

 

                This is a story that I have gone over a lot in recent moments. It has been a period of God showing me what he would like for me to know. And even revealing things to me about my own story that I didn't even know about myself. The whole story gives me a picture of many attributes of God and one I never realized before what faithfulness. I recently watched a war movie that depicted amazing loyalty and faithfulness from those soldiers to their country. And I think it's God's timing for me to watch that and also see the faithfulness of the father in the parable that Jesus told. There is something about a man who would give his life for the freedoms of the people he hasn’t even met. Likewise, There is something special about a father who accepts their child after blowing everything in stupidity and greets him the way he did in the story. With a hug and kiss along with new clothes and a feast prepared for him. The only real way that either example makes sense is with love. A man who dies for the unworthy and for their freedom. Jesus. The man who greets his prodigal son with a hug. The Father. And the spirit to move everyone to that love is the Holy Spirit. And this faithfulness has been a word I've been meditating on for a long time recently. It means that I have a responsibility to this faithfulness also. But it's something that I can fail in so easily. But He has also been showing me something else. One day at a time. Don't think about not sinning for the rest of my life. Just today. Day after day. Be faithful.

 

 

----------          APPLICATION          ----------

 

 

                For my application I am going to write a song about the prodigal son to play in the schools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog